Stephanie Legendre, LPC-S, RPT-S
Harmonizing Bonds: Family Therapy for Strengthening Connections in Families
Welcome to my Family Therapy page, where I specialize in fostering harmonious relationships within families, with a focus on supporting both traditional and blended families. Navigating the complexities of stepfamily dynamics as well as traditional family dynamics requires unique insights and strategies, and I am dedicated to guide you through this transformative journey.
Why Family Therapy? Family therapy is a collaborative and strengths-based approach that recognizes the interconnectedness of family members. It provides a safe space to explore communication patterns, resolve conflicts, and build a foundation of understanding and support. For blended families and traditional families, where stress levels are high, family therapy can be a valuable tool in navigating the unique challenges and celebrating the strengths that each member brings.
- Blended Family Counseling:
- Stephanie specializes in addressing the dynamics unique to blended families.
- Through open dialogue and tailored interventions, we work towards creating a cohesive family unit.
- Communication Enhancement:
- Facilitate effective communication strategies to bridge gaps and foster understanding among family members.
- Provide tools for active listening, expressing emotions, and resolving conflicts constructively.
- Navigating Transitions:
- Support families during key life transitions, such as remarriage, integrating step-siblings, adjusting to new family roles, or stress within the family system.
- Develop strategies for managing changes with resilience and adaptability.
- Parent-Child Relationships:
- Strengthen parent-child relationships within families, acknowledging the importance of bonding and fostering connections.
- Offer guidance on navigating the balance for families and blended families.
- Co-Parenting Strategies:
- Many times co-parents find it hard to parent together, and often times a parallel or business approach is most effective. However, if co-parenting is possible Stephanie creates a four phase approach to help parents find peace within the conflict.
- Phase 1: bring awareness of patterns of conflict that create stress within the system, Phase 2: create a communication plan that is impactful and effective, Phase 3: use a middle ground approach to mediate issues keeping the children’s best interest in mind, Phase 4: Create new family traditions and stability between two homes.
Stephanie believes in a holistic approach to family therapy, emphasizing:
- Cultural Sensitivity: Recognizing and respecting the diversity of family backgrounds within families.
- Inclusivity: Validating the unique experiences of each family member, fostering a sense of belonging.
- Empowerment: Equipping families with the tools to make positive changes and build lasting connections.
Other Family Counseling services include:
- Parenting Skills
- Child – Parent Relationship Training
- Behavioral Plans
- Personality Based Approach
- Attachment Therapy
- Individual Therapy
Let’s work together to create a better future filled with HOPE!